Cute vintage shelf with mirrors I'd like to take home. But I found two other things instead that I'll share soon. Great way to spend a lunch break: treasure hunting!
- Paper, ribbons and pretty typeface make me happy.
- I like to talk. I like to tell stories. I almost became a news broadcaster.
- I am a lover of sangria and all things Spanish.
- Tapatio hot sauce goes with everything.
- When I open my mailbox, I’m hoping for a new issue of Southern Living or Us Weekly.
- I’ve lived in Tennessee for only four years and I already have a slight southern accent. My west coast friends tease me about it.
- I love wearing my polka dot rain boots on rainy days.
- If I could only shop in two stores the rest of my life, it would be Target and Homegoods.
- Sundresses and flip flops are my favorite uniform in the summer.
- Pumpkin pie is my preferred choice of birthday cake. Yes, I’m an October baby.
- Growing dahlias in my yard is one of my greatest achievements (yes I grew those ones below!).
- I love waking up in the morning to my two year old son’s ramblings on the baby monitor.
- Our “first born” ;) yellow labrador, Rocco, was named after Madonna’s son (we thought it had a cool Italian vibe to it).
Hi there! I’m Amber Housley, the designer behind Sweet Life Designs event & stationery studio in Nashville, Tennessee. I create chic stationery & event details that complement life’s special events. With an eye for color, a passion for pattern, and need to be unique, I translate your event into a sweet design that sets you apart from the crowd.
My passion for event and stationery design was piqued while obsessing over the fine details of my own Southern wedding. While I ensured that the atmosphere, decor, and floral details matched my historic plantation setting – right down to the lemonade jar labels – the detail that mattered to me most was incorporating something truly personal. It wasn’t quite practical to have our 75 pound Yellow Lab, Rocco, join us for the ceremony but his appearance on the invitation postage stamps and table numbers created an unforgettable detail for my guests and a precious memory for me.
My designs are inspired by the latest trends in home decor, weddings, and children’s design but I’m also inspired by the rich history, vintage shops, and antiques stores of Nashville. I’m originally from the West Coast but Nashville is where I feel at home, living in the midst of deep traditions and rich culture. And hello, the sweet tea is delicious!
Whether modern wedding stationery, creative birth announcements, girly shower decor,
or personalized notecards with a sweet personality, Sweet Life Designs will make your event engaging, memorable, and full of sweet Southern sophistication.
Amber Housley is a graduate of the University of Nevada, earning a bachelors degree in Communications. With over 10 years of advertising and marketing experience, she is also the Creative & Marketing Director for A Delightful Day Event Planning. Never one to leave work at the office, she enjoys entertaining, mastering the art of growing tulips & dahlias in the backyard, thumbing through Southern Living cookbooks, and photography.
So glad you found our sweet studio. Living
'the sweet life' …I am a West Coast gal born & raised, but now learning the finer details of being a Southern belle. I live in the 'burbs of Nashville,
Tennessee with my husband and baby boy. I enjoy all things creative – designing invitations and parties, anything to do with weddings, scrapbooking, crafting, photography, home decorating, cooking and gardening. This blog features a little bit of each. So pull up a chair and an ice cold glass of sweet tea and stay awhile.
Well, my favorite season has come and gone, but I'd still like to share a few glimpses around the house of Fall. I know I say it all the time, but living in the South, particularly Nashville, with four seasons is spectacular! Every month holds a new surprise when you walk out the front door. Always something to be excited about next…in October it was the beautiful leaves outside and in our own backyard.
Couldn't resist doing a little photo shoot on the front porch! My two favorite pumpkins. (see Daddy in the reflection?) :)
And around the house….
My favorite thing is decorating the mantle. All the fall leaves really warm the room up! The different orange glass bottles are from Home Goods and the felt banner I picked up on clearance at Target last year after Halloween. The Pottery Barn clear glass vase I use all the time – I just switch out the branches and flowers depending on the time of year. I have a feeling this won't be here for much longer when Colin is up and about very soon….! :)
Front entry table…little straw owl (missing his "Boo!" sign)…
Mmmm pumpkin scented candles! And I love these little seed pods that look just like mini dried pumpkins. A great find at Target.
Spooky skeleton in the dining room.
Another shot of the foyer table.
And the big day…Halloween! Colin's first! He made it to one house (our neighbors) for trick or treating.
Hope you enjoyed our little Fall fest. Now back to winter which just arrived today with the first frost!