This time of year, the grocery stores are stocked with gorgeous selections of spring flowers at great prices! Everything from daffodils to tulips to hyacinth can be arranged easily into baskets for a sweet table centerpiece. Here I’m sharing some easy DIY (do-it-yourself) centerpieces that will be perfect for your Easter celebrations this weekend or other parties to celebrate Spring.
Special thanks to Leslie Walker of Leslie & Dusty Photography for capturing gorgeous images of this project. Leslie and I collaborated on some great Spring projects for your celebrations. Be sure to check out our Sweet As A Peach classic cocktail recipe shared on Style Me Pretty Living earlier this week!
1. 1 medium size straw basket and 2 mini baskets
2. grocery store flowers such as tulips, alstroemeria, hyacinth and other filler
3. flower frog vase that fits inside medium size basket and 2 votive candle-sized cups for the 2 mini baskets
4. easter basket paper filler to help ‘nest’ the vases inside the baskets
1. Trim leaves from flowers stems
2. Fill vases mid-way with water and place inside baskets
3. For the large basket, work from the inside of the flower frog outward, placing stems evenly in the wire grid.
4. Place a little mix of smaller blooms in the votive cups
Aren’t these tiny woven baskets adorable? These would even be fun to use as placecard holders for your Easter dinner or would be great for a baby or bridal shower party. You could even have the guests take them home as a favor!
The adorable large grass basket and woven mini baskets + the rabbit are sourced from one of my favorite home entertaining stores, World Market.
Wishing everyone a delightful Easter celebration this weekend!