1. Finished up my goodie boxes of stuff for my friend’s husband and his fellow Marine buddies in Iraq. I spent nearly an hour at the store trying to figure out what to get. The Marine Corps. has an interesting list of things that are good to send, but when I sat down and looked at the stash on my kitchen counter, I had to laugh. Everything from baby wipes to twizzlers and other candy, carmex to rice krispy treats to breath freshners (my alternative to tooth brushes?).
And then there’s the explanation I gave the checkout guy regarding the half naked women magazines I was buying…even funnier, Brandon was going through the cupboard looking for something to eat, and I called from upstairs, "don’t eat any of that stuff that’s in those bags, they’re for the guys in Iraq." And he replies, "man, they eat better than me! when are you going to buy me some of this good stuff?"
Feels good to give. Especially when you know these guys are hard up for some good cheer.
2. I’m happy I finished a new kit! Madrid (Day & Night) is now available! I have to say my designs are centering more towards clean graphic lines and shapes. I’m now making the embellishments and accents with more whimsy and handdrawn elements…not sure if that’s what people dig, so we’ll see. Here’s a peek at the new kit:
3. Other things are coming along in my scrapping world. Working on several new business projects that I’m really feelin’ good about. I’m definitely feeling a bit tired from the full day job and then coming home and working on Citrus Blossoms, but things are evening out. I’ll soon be able to devote some time towards 2 of the exciting projects. I’m looking forward to the day (somewhat soon) when I will be able to work full-time from home on all my little ventures. Speaking of which, any of you blog readers coming my way to Memory Trends in October? It’ll be my first show, so I’m excited to see what it has in store! Hoping I get to meet some of you I see around on the 2peas boards and other sites.
4. Have you met my fabulous Creative Team at Citrus Blossoms?!?! I received so many wonderful entries from so many talented artists, that it was very hard narrowing it down to just these gals. They’ve already amazed me with their creativity. Even cooler, they’re coming up with so many ways to use the products in digital and traditional ways. A lot of these gal’s name’s you’ll recognize from some of the 2Peas boards or the many publications they’ve been published in. I have to say, it feels so *amazing* to see what people can do with your stuff…a VERY good warm fuzzy feeling.
5. I received a HUGE box of Heidi Swapp stuff this weekend. I’m off to play with it!