1. Peruse your Pinterest. This seems like a no brainer, but it’s often that we are busy pinning so many pins that we often don’t pause and go back to see the common thread in what we’re pinning. Is there a common color scheme that you’re attracted to? Any similar patterns that are on your various boards?
2. Look for decor in unexpected places. I’ve found many pieces that I love from Pottery Barn Kids and Land of Nod. My style is playful and colorful but still sophisticated. Over the years, I’ve found everything from prints, to shelves to rugs and accent pieces that are all usually a bit cheaper than their adult counterparts.
3. When in doubt, visit TJ Maxx & Marshalls. It’s true, I love these stores. I’ve found many a vase, jar, and accent piece at affordable prices from these wonderful stores. I love having groups and trios of vases and containers on shelves and desks.
4. Bring in the outdoors. Whether it’s blooms from your garden (like my Limelight hydrangeas above!) or an easy to care for plant, it’s amazing what some fresh greenery does for your space and your creativity. It just automatically makes the place feel happier.
5. Surround yourself with things that truly bring you joy. Another seemingly no brainer, but even I get tired of things and after awhile, starts to feel like clutter. Every couple of months, I like to do a purge of my decor and supplies and donate them to keep things feeling fresh and inspiring.