I’ve been thinking about where we spend our time in our businesses and in our lives, and why we all feel burnt out as we start to grow.
Think about it this way: Athletes spend 90% of their time training and working out. Building up those muscles. And that 90% lets them show up for the other 10% — game time or competitions.
But in the business world, we have that flipped. We’re spending 90% of our time on the work, 10% on our muscle — the mind.
How the 90/10 Principle got flipped
If you’re a female business owner, I think it’s safe to say you feel out of balance.
You probably put in so much work and have little time left for yourself. Maybe it’s even more than 90% work, 10% mind for you! Throw in kids and other responsibilities, and focus on the mind becomes 0%.
It’s no wonder we feel like we’re trying to run our business’s engine on an empty tank!
Sister, let’s think for a minute: how much faster and better could we work if we felt refreshed, we knew what we wanted to do, and we were totally in alignment?
Wouldn’t those long work days get shorter?
Wouldn’t your to-do list get done faster, and with less stress?
Wouldn’t you be in a better mood, and feel better equipped to tackle the important things inside your business?
Wouldn’t you be UNSTOPPABLE?!
Yes, yes, yes, and yes!
I truly believe that’s what is possible when we focus on ourselves, on our mindsets, on our own joy. That’s what I want for you, and it’s what I’m imperfectly modeling for you over the next 90 days.
90 days of joy to help me flip the 90/10 Principle
As part of my #90daysofjoy challenge, I’m working to flip my own ratio — from 90% work and 10% mindset to 90% mindset, 10% work.
How am I doing that? Don’t worry, I’ll show you
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed that I’m talking more about journaling as part of my #90daysofjoy.
View this post on Instagram
I believe that mindset starts with self-reflection. For me, that means journaling.
With journaling and self-reflection, you can clearly see what you’re capable of and what’s really calling you higher.
Since I started journaling regularly about 3 years ago, I’ve learned to get out all the thoughts, the feelings, the dreams, the frustrations, the hope… on paper.
It’s in those lines you find real gems. The REAL you.
This feeds into your mindset. It literally shows your brain what you want, what you know to be true.
And when your mind knows what you are capable of and what you are really being called to do, it shows up ready to work.
Oh my gosh, the magic that comes out of that kind of alignment… I can’t even tell you how amazing it is.
Sister, I know that this kind of alignment is possible for you. I know that your big dreams and visionary ideas are just WAITING for you to unlock them.
How can you unlock your vision (and reverse your 90/10)?
If you want that kind of magic in your own life and for your business, I encourage you to just write in a journal for the next few days. Check in with yourself. See what’s under the surface.
You can use free prompts (my amazing friend and mentor, Amber Lilyestrom has some AMAZING free prompts) or you can just freehand.
That’s my challenge for you this week, my friend. I hope you’ll join me. If you do, please tag me on Instagram @amberhousley so I can cheer you on!
And if you want to really make the most out of your mindset and business (and learn how to make action just 10% of your focus), you’ll definitely want to join the Blooming Business Inner Circle before August 2020’s Growing Guide workbook ships out!
Inside the workbook that will ship directly to your door, we’ll dive deep and explore what’s holding you back from your vision and how to get where you want to be.
The world needs you and your gift. Let’s get to building that mindset muscle together.
read comments or leave a comment...