The Ultimate Holiday PR Cheat Sheet
So listen... I know that PR isn't everyone's passion. And that's why my good friend and Coterie Mastermind sister, Courtney Love Gavin, is here to teach you how to get your business PR ready this holiday season!
Whether you are a product based business or a service sister, now is the time to start pitching holiday press opportunities.
Here are Courtney's proven publicity tips to massive media success. Stand out and shine this holiday season, sister!
The Ultimate Holiday PR Cheat Sheet
A guest article by Coterie Mastermind sister, Courtney Love Gavin.
I'm so excited to help you get your business ready for the season, girl! With my cheat sheet you'll be holiday ready in no time. Are you ready to dive in?
For My Product or Tangible Goods Business Babes
1. Have a shared Dropbox or Google Drive link with high-res photos of the products on a white background. This is the best way to send to writers/editors. That way they can put it into a gift guide montage easily and quickly.
2. Update that website, girl! Now is the time when so many eyes will land on your page and you want your most updated information available for customers to see. Be sure to make available both pricing and shipping time to your customers.
3. Think beyond "Holiday Gift Guides". Consider some other themes to stand out: holiday party style, holiday beauty and styling tips, holiday stress relieving products, holiday entertaining must-haves, hostess presents
4. Know the common categories your offerings can fit into (under $100.00, for the athletic mom, luxury gifts, gifts for the man who has everything, made in the USA, gifts that give back- charitable giving aspect, etc.)The more the product is related to a timely trend, the better. Examples: Keto related products, CBD related products, Collagen, etc.
5. Make sure to focus on pitching one product, versus an entire line of products. Journalists will be overwhelmed if you try to tell them about each of your products -- focus in on your best seller and leave it at that.
For My Expert Service Provider Sisters
Consider captivating your audience with these ideas:
- Holiday/New Year
- Fitness tips
- Financial expertise
- Party planning
- Advice on dealing with family disagreements
- Stress around the holidays
- 2020 Predictions
- Top X
- New Year, New You
The key for you is to match your tips to the audience that will find it valuable. What seasonal insight do you have to share? What can you teach people that would make their holiday better, happier, healthier, less expensive, more stylish?
Do you have several areas of expertise? Go, girl! If you want to appease to multiple audiences, research how holiday themes were covered in the past. A simple online search will help you with these results.
Okay girl, are you ready to go dive in and get your business holiday ready by standing out in the PR world?
Courtney Love Gavin
Public Relations Strategist
Courtney Love Gavin is a public relations strategist who helps creative entrepreneurs increase their visibility and elevate their impact through profitable PR. Her clients have become industry leaders with nine-figure businesses & raving fan bases. Over the past decade she’s pinpointed what locks in multi-million dollar launches and works for brands like Nordstrom, HP, Google, Pantone, Adobe, Juice Beauty- & gives YOU her insider PR tips and tricks AOL, BuzzFeed, Cosmopolitan, E! News, Forbes, People and Refinery29 have all applauded her expertise. She’s a proud member of the Forbes Communications Council and Female Founders Collective.